We are also starting to feel like we are getting to know this city. It's a bit complicated and there are no street signs or numbers on the houses, so we just have to remember where to turn based on landmarks. We have gotten lost a few times already, but we have eventually found our way.
The babies still haven't moved into our home yet, so until they do, it's just me and Chad living in this huge house. It has been nice to get used to things a bit before bringing in so many children and that will all change soon enough. I think we're going to start bringing in the children sometime this week, maybe even today.
On Saturday we were able to go to one of the biggest and busiest markets I have ever been to. It was huge and ran for severl blocks in several directions. There we were able to purchase pots and pans, mops and buckets, cleaning supplies, sponges, fruits and veggies - it was a little nuts. As we were leaving, Chad was even able to spot where they were selling quite a few shoes...so I'm sure we'll be heading back there soon!
Last night we learned how to cook our first Ghanaian meal - a delicious chicken and vegetable stew. We had a lot of help certainly, but it wasn't too hard, so I think we'll be able to make it again on our own, and even once we come home again.
So I guess that's all for now. I'll try to post some pictures today and then some later on (our internet is a little slow, but it might work just fine)
This is our room:
No comments:
Post a Comment