Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Crashing down



Our day started off with quite the drama!
Chad was outside playing with the kids while the rest of the staff were all inside finishing up our morning meeting. All of a sudden we heard a huge crash and the kids screaming. We all jumped up and ran outside to find that a huge section of our 12 foot wall (about 50 feet of it) came crashing down. The weird part was that there was no reason for it, except the fact that it might have been poorly made and is quite old. There was no wind, no storm, no one around it (luckily)!

The children were all quite scared and are now wondering if all of the walls will be falling down. One of the girls even asked if our house was going to crash down as well. I tried to explain that the other walls shouldn't fall down, but I guess I can't really say that with much confidence. I certainly wouldn't have expected that one wall to fall!


Here are a few pictures of the fallen wall and what is left:

I'm sorry I can't add more pictures or make them bigger - our internet connection isn't the greatest!

On another and totally different note, here is a little funny story. It certainly made us laugh! Chad and I were on the bus the other day and one of the guy's on the bus started talking to us. He was asking if we were learning any of the languages and was disappointed when we said we weren't. He kept chatting with us, asking us about how long we were going to be here, etc. He seemed quite interested in us. As we were getting off the bus, he asked if Chad had any daughters. Chad of course, said no. The guy looked very disappointed and then said he was curious because he really wanted to marry a white women! We started to laugh and then question just how old he thought Chad was - maybe it was the bald head that confused him!

No comments: