Monday, October 27, 2008

CATERPILLARS!

So far, we have not eaten anything too out of the ordinary. We have tried the local staple food, Nshima and although it's not the tastiest food, it's not bad. (it's just mealie meal cooked into something that looks like mashes potatoes really). We have tried fish, although so far we have refused to each the fish eyes - I just can't do it.

Well tonight we topped the list with caterpillars! I said I wasn't going to try it, but then our of our staff members thought it would be really great if I did. I, of course, said that if I tried it, Chad would have to as well. So we both did...we ate 1 fried catepillar....and to be honest, they weren't too bad. I would have probably enjoyed the cooked version a little more since one way of cooking it is with peanut butter, but tonight it was just fried.

Here are a few pictures from our meal...






I think that will be the last time we eat caterpillars!


4 comments:

Britnie Shofner said...

Wow!! thats insane!!

Unknown said...

Well Julie, both of you certainly are adventurous. I've never eaten caterpillars, but I have had fish eyes.

me and m said...

haha - very funny (and gross - glad I missed that!) considering the title of your last post!

Anonymous said...

those are BIG worms